When it comes to shower and bathroom solutions, hot mopping represents one of the most effective and most feasible solution for waterproofing your shower and consequently preventing damages and foul odour that can arise from leakages.
If you only recently came across the term “hot mopping” today, fear not, you’re definitely not alone. And if the consultant that came over today didn’t explain it well enough, we will!
Have you ever wondered what’s beneath the tile in your shower? The several features and solutions that have been put in place to ensure that your shower doesn’t leak? Well, hot mopping is one of the most effective means applied by professionals to keep your shower waterproof.
In the simplest way possible, hot mopping involves the use of four layers of asphalt to bed three layers of 15-lbs felt together in order to make the pan of your shower waterproof.
The corners of your waterproof pan are also strengthened with fiberglass that has bedded into the asphalt to provide multi-layered protection for your shower system
The primary advantage of hot mopping your shower is the significantly lowered or otherwise eliminated chances of leakage and damages that can arise from such leakages. The hop mopping technique is also almost instant and can be used around 120 minutes from the completion of the project. Other significant reasons to use hot mop include but is not limited to:
- Hot mopping provides multiple layers of protection
- Offers better waterproofing and protection compared to single ply systems
- Minimal delay and no waiting between coats as is the case with some cold applied solutions
- Conformity with any shape and size without compromising on its integrity
- What do you need to do before hot mopping shower pans in Los Angeles